How to set up your LinkedIn Account
Share on social media:
Create your LinkedIn Account in 4 easy Steps and connect with other professionals
LinkedIn: The Social Media Network to build Business relationships
Everyone knows that LinkedIn is an online business-oriented service platform. A network with over 100 million members. Therefore, it’s necessary to integrate LinkedIn into your social media strategy.
Here are the 4 easy steps to create your LinkedIn account:
- Create your Personal Account
- Create your Profile
- Create your Company Profile
- Get involved!
How to set up your LinkedIn Account in 4 Steps:
- Personal Account — The first thing you need to do is create a personal account on LinkedIn. To make a company account, you need a personal one first. To begin, just go to www.linkedIn.com and enter the basic information. When you complete it, just click “Create My Profile.”
- LinkedIn Profile — Before you complete your profile, a confirmation email will be sent to your email account. It will have a link in it – you need to confirm your account by clicking this. It will take you to the sign-in page where you enter your email and password.
LinkedIn offers two services. A basic “free” one and a premium “paid” one. After you choose the type you want, you’ll be ready to click “Profile” and begin to edit your profile.
Create both your personal and company profiles. For your LinkedIn profiles it is recommended that you add a lot of information. All the information you enter is searchable, so the more you have, the better it is for your business, and the easier it is to be found.
When you’re finished preparing them, you can link your personal profile to your company profile. Make sure to add a detailed description of your business!
- Company website — You’ll see a field for your company’s site and the type of industry. When you input your site, use the format: http://mywebsite.com. This will automatically become a hyperlink to your company from your personal profile. All the members of your staff can use this hyperlink to link back to your company. It’s a great way to be seen.
Your industry field is searchable, so think before you choose. It will be a very good way to find potential clients and for them to interact with you.
- Get involved — LinkedIn is the same as any social media site. If you want to be seen, you have to get involved. Make connections and contacts to start building your network. The exposure will help lead you to a bigger audience.
After you are set up on LinkedIn, there are several useful features to help build your business.
Here are 9 tips on how to improve your performance:
- LinkedIn Search — Search for others in your industry and/or for potential customers. The more you connect the bigger the audience you’ll have.
- Ads— You can look at several of the ads for businesses in your industry. This will let you see how they use LinkedIn Ads for paid advertising.
- Import your email contacts— On LinkedIn you can import your email contacts from other email applications. This way you can begin to add LinkedIn connections to your existing email accounts.
- Post Updates— Like Facebook and Twitter, LinkedIn has a status update field. You can begin a conversation or post a link to an article you’ve written.
- LinkedIn Groups— Like Google+ circles, LinkedIn has groups. They are members who share a common interest in a specific topic. They help you build a community, so this is great for your brand.
- Reply to Updates— You can see all updates posted to LinkedIn. Begin conversations yourself or reply to someone else’s update. If you choose, you can elect to only see messages from your connections or even set your own criteria.
- Banners— You can add up to three custom banners to your company page for free. You can use them to:
• Take customer testimonials, highlight them, and link them to your page.
• Link to and promote an upcoming event or webinar.
• Improve your target market by highlighting and linking to your blog posts.
• Promote a video you’ve posted about your business.
• Let others know of the various social channels so they can reach you there.
- Post company updates each day— Post updates during the time of day you get the most traffic. For most, it’s in the morning. You can try different times to see what works best with your audience.
- Send messages to your target market— Linked in has a Sponsored Inmail feature that works like email. You don’t need them on your email list. It just works from your LinkedIn. This isn’t a free service, but it can be worth it.
Linkedin is the social media platform to connect on a business orientated level. With over 100 million members, it is necessary to have a Strategy in place.
LinkedIn offers free tips and tools on their Blog to help you. Have a look at the links below:
Written by Peter Spinda
Strategy and Digital Transformation Specialist
Peter helps businesses grow and evolve, changing perceptions, challenging norms and creating the future.
0434 236 418
Benchmark Business Sales and Valuations
benchmark broker business valuation cafe hospitality increase sell sell a business sell my business