Exit Planning - What Should You Think About?
Share on social media:
Most business owners find it hard to believe that they should start thinking about the sale of their business from the first day of acquiring the business - but they should. Even experienced business owners get swept up with the daily operation of their business, and other distractions of everyday living - and forget that one of the most important parts of owning a business is to PLAN THE EXIT IN ADVANCE. How?
It's actually pretty simple. Like any journey, we need to plan our final destination at the start of the journey, and then we can set a course, and plan the path to the end. So, what's involved in Exit planning? All that is required is to:
- Decide when you want to exit, and how much you will want to sell it for
- Plan on how much profit the business will need to show to sell for the price that you want to achieve
- Set a program with targets and KPI (Key Performance Indicators) that need to be achieved to realise the price sought
- Plan to prepare the business for sale
- Seek advice from credible advisors to keep you accountable and "on-track"
- Measure your performance and adjust where necessary to hit targets
- Make it happen
If you are interested and want to know more about exit planning or selling your business. Call us today on 1300 366 521 (FREE CALL) and one of our specialist business brokers will be in contact with you.
benchmark broker business valuation cafe hospitality increase sell sell a business sell my business
Other articles you may be interested in.